Clothing Fix it @ Richmond City Hall
Time & Location
About The Event
The City of Richmond is hosting a Community Directions Fair at the City Hall and Frameworq is running a FREE Clothing Fix it to help you repair your beloved clothes.
About the Fix it
Bring your clothing item or any other textile that needs to be repaired and we'll show you how you can repair it!
We'll be providing supplies and sharing skills to fix your favorite garments, all you have to do is bring your clothes to repair.
Our goal is to divert textiles from ending up in the landfill and bring repair skills back to use with patches, darning, and stitches.
No experience necessary and all are welcome!
** Come anytime between 10:30am to 1:30pm **
Our friends at Repair Matters will be running their repair electronics event as well so be sure to bring your broken kettles, toasters and other things that might need some extra love.
About the Event
Drop by the Community Directions Fair Saturday, October 5 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Richmond City Hall, 6911 No. 3 Road
- Learn more about the City of Richmond’s next steps in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and which options and trade-offs the City will explore. Provide your feedback on the City’s directions.
- Chat with City transportation, City recycling, U-Bicycle, Modo team members and others to find out more about current options that will help you reduce your emissions. Modo is offering $50 in free drive time to trial Modo, the City's only car-share service.
- Test drive an electric vehicle for free and find out why this may be a good option for you when choosing your next car. This test drive will be available on a first come, first-served basis, so come early!
- Fix your broken item. Whether it’s your favourite kettle that just won’t turn on, or a pair of jeans missing a button or two, bring it over and we’ll have volunteer repair specialists who can help you reduce waste from landfills. Please note that only one item will be assessed per person. This service will be available on a first come, first-served basis, so come early! Help us ensure that we have a specialist who can help you fix your broken item by letting us know ahead of time.
- Bring your kids and we’ll show them how to make a wind turbine pinwheel!